Like I said in the last entry, I wasn’t expecting to sleep on this flight. I mean, the advantage of this is that I’ve never really had jetlag when I travel. All I have to do is muster up the will to stay awake until it’s nighttime wherever I’ve arrived. So yesterday I was awake for 30 hours, but uhhh no big deal, guys.
Anyway. Here’s a basic rundown of how I occupied myself on the plane:
- Stared out the window during takeoff and for at least half an hour after that*
- Watched The Tree of Life while taking breaks to stare out the window some more. It was one of those indie movies that takes itself waayyy too seriously, but it had potential. Whatever.
- Read a bit of Norwegian Wood
- Listened to this awesome new playlist that I made!
- Listened to Man of La Mancha all the way through. My parents always played this on long car trips and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes. (You know how embarrassing that is on a plane? Good thing the lights were dimmed.) It’s this recording if you guys are curious. Totally kick-ass.
- Read more of Norwegian Wood
- Watched Pirates of the Caribbean 4 — see, I had already expected this one to be bad (and indeed it was) but this was 8 or 9 hours into the flight and I didn’t have anything better to do.
- About 11 hours in, deeply regretted having eaten my snack around hour 6. Luckily they brought us our second lunch a little later 🙂
- Read even more of Norwegian Wood